Follow Us @siobesclaycorner

Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Must Try! 52-Week Money Challenge

Source: http://stuckathomemom.com/
          This challenge has been passed on from blog-to-blog, shared from one platform of social media to another and is very timely that I saw it circulating on the web. I've been wanting to save money but is having a hard time doing it. When I saw this, I told myself that THIS IS IT! I MUST TRY IT! [Sound effect from an arcade game: Here comes a new CHALLENGER!]

          Found this from a shared link on Facebook and it looks like a great idea to start my 2014. Here's an image of the template we (if you are brave enough to take the challenge with me) can use to track our weekly savings. 
52-Week Money Challenge
          Download the template (or make your own) and stick it in your coin bank or any container designated for this savings. You can set your goal on how you will spend the money at the end of the year. Probably a new gadget, travel budget or gifts for holiday season. Or maybe, you can transfer it in your bank account as your emergency fund.Just remember one important rule: Never borrow money from it. Just don't. 
          Few days after I composed this, it came to me that this task is easier said than done. If I look at the first few weeks, I know I can make it but when I look down to the last weeks, whoa! How can I produce 2k plus every week? However, I still want to take the challenge so I decided to adjust the starting amount of Php 50 to Php 30 so I can still have a total of Php 41,340 at the end of the year. (It is like saving Php 3,445 every month) Not bad, right? So here is the Php 30 version.
          I hope this method will help me learn the art of saving! 


No comments:

Post a Comment