Follow Us @siobesclaycorner

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Passport Application / Renewal Now Accessible at SM Manila, Megamall and Robinsons Galleria

     The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) opened its Consular Offices at SM Manila, Megamall and Robinsons Galleria. This is for the convenience of those that aren't near the main office in Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City.


     Don't get to excited and rush to those DFA Offices because they will not accommodate you if you don't have an appointment. So, to set an appointment, click here.

     Take time to read the reminders specially if this is your first time to apply for a passport (like me). Fill up the application form, set the date & time of your appointment and confirm the email they will send you.

These are some important things you need to know:
  • Application form - print the form from the email they sent.
  • Required Documents - Since I'm a new applicant, I brought NSO Birth Certificate & 2 valid IDs but for those who would like to renew, they need to bring the old passport, too. For other detailed requirements click here.
  • Photocopy your requirements
  • Be on Time - It is suggested to be there 30 minutes before your scheduled time. It is better because when you get there, you will still wait for your queue number. 

     October 15, Monday — It was almost 10:30 when I reached DFA office in 7th floor SM Megamall. I sat on the waiting section (while eating V-Cut) waiting for my queue number to show on the monitor. There is also a movie playing in the monitor so it's a good thing I bought chichirya. After few minutes my number was called and I gave my requirements to the teller (I don't know what to call them). She then verified my documents and asked if it's RUSH or REGULAR (There will be additional fee of Php 250 for Express Processing and will take 7 working days). Since I'm not expecting any flights within the month, I chose Regular Processing. I paid Php 950 at the cashier and went to the Encoding Section. They encoded my information and took a picture (I was asked to fix my bangs and remove my earrings). That's it! It took me about 2 and a half hours to process my application and now I just need to go back there on Nov. 13 to get my passport (or they can deliver it to your home). 
     It's great that they have different branches now to lessen or eliminate fixers roaming outside the DFA office waiting for a gullible applicant. I must say that the facilities and procedures are both good at DFA Megamall. So if you would like to apply or renew your passport and window shopping at the same time, you might wanna try the DFA offices at malls.

Check this: Old PHP Passports will be phased out by 2015

5 comments:

  1. Great information, just what I need to know. I was able to fill out a form online (http://goo.gl/gO5qYF) and I find it very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW CAN I GET NBI CLEARANCE RENEWAL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the requerments of renewal passport, and valid id, pls help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the requerments of renewal passport, and valid id, pls help.

    ReplyDelete