Follow Us @siobesclaycorner

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My first attend to the BDJ Fair 2012!

     It's already 12:30pm when I reached Mall of Asia and rushed to the Music Hall for the Belle de Jour Fair 2012 hoping not to be late. Luckily, I made it in time for the Bloggers Extraordinaire seminar. Wiw! It might be a lucky day for me because I instantly won a  Bauhaus Jeans in the raffle. 

     Then the emcee called out the first speaker who is a travel enthusiast, Ms Patty Laurel. (follow her on twitter) She gave some insights about her passion in travelling & shared some useful tips, too. For me, the best thing she said was to "Invest in Experience". There are some things you just  cannot explain to other people unless they experience it. Same goes with travelling. 


     I just remember, my mom used to be an OFW before when I was a kid. One day, she told me that if fate permits her, she will still work abroad even at her age now. I am already working so I don't see any reason for her to do that, so I asked why. She said that going to another country widens your understanding to different culture & beliefs. Now I am curious and would like to go to other places and create my own journeys. 


     Next to Ms. Patty Laurel is a fashionista who would like to document her style thus created her blog as her personal diary (follow her on twitter). She gave some advises on blogging and sharing your ideas or interests in the web. 



     I learned a lot from the talks I attended and still have some time to roam around and do the most exciting part — GET FREEBIES








     I did the origami challenge at Flipsters booth and got this super cute folding flip flops keychain.
Passed by the Wall Climbing & Bungee Jumping booths. I still need to find the courage to do those things, haha!







     I also got these Idea Pads from joining their blog & twitter promos.







     But aside from the freebies & activities from the sponsor booths, those that have VIP Pass were also entitled to get a GOODY Bag. Good thing it's an ECO Bag so we can still reuse it. 


Last but not the least, I bought my very first BDJ Power Planner. 


I really enjoyed the event. It's a new experience for me. This is my first time attending this kind of event but definitely not the last. ☺




Some photos grabbed from my friend's (the girl next to me) album in FB. Thanks! Hehehehe... 

2 comments:

  1. hi...i'm a new follower. saw your page at BDJ's fan page. I'm a bella too, and I was also there at the blogger's extraordinaire talk. too bad hindi kita nakita.. hehe.

    anyways, i also have a blog of my one. its on http://rzzzp.blogspot.com :) Please check it out if you have the time.

    looking forward for more posts...

    Riza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Riza, thanks for stopping by.. As a newbie in this field, I very much appreciate people like you! Checked your blog and I'm already a fan.. haha!

    I hope to learn more about blogging & improve my writing skills too.. (^_^)

    Thanks again & God bless..

    ReplyDelete